Monday, October 11, 2010

An Apple A Day...

I know apples seem to be a recurring theme, but today apples rule all. For one, Nia is now asking for apples using words. Secondly, I had brought an apple with me in the morning on the way to take Mommy to work, which usually results in a tedius struggle for car seat supremacy. Today I showed Nia the apple, and she said "Apple!" and gestured to herself, to which I replied "If you want the apple you have to get in your car seat like a big girl". Nia then preceded to climb into her car seat, situate herself and put her arms up and waited patiently to be strapped in. She of course got the apple and we now know Nia's barter system. Obviously it's not the seat, but how she gets in the seat that determines the level of disapproval from Nia. She's really pushing the toddler independence early.

No comments:

Post a Comment